Nominations for both the Fries Prize for Improving Health and the Elizabeth Fries Health Education Award should be submitted as a three-page document by a nominator other than the candidate. Self-nominations are not permitted by the IRS. Also, please send a short emailed letter of intent to email@example.com if you are planning to submit a nomination. Submissions must be received by the CDC Foundation no later than May 21, 2018.
First Page – Summary:
- Title: Nomination of [Individual] for the [Fries Prize for Improving Health or Elizabeth Fries Health Education Award].
- Nominee: Name, title, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
- Nominator: Name, title, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
- A clear and concise synopsis describing the individual's contribution, including its importance, impact, and the exact role of the nominee. The opening paragraph should, in 25 words or less, provide a quotable summary of the achievements of the individual.
- Not to exceed one page.
Second Page – Description:
- A concise description of the specific area which the accomplishment addresses, including a discussion of the development of the accomplishment, degree of innovation, impact on the public, originality, as well as the role of the nominee. Not to exceed one page.
Third Page – Documentation:
- A summary of documentation to support the significance, value, originality, and impact of the nominee's contribution.
This information may be presented in any format, including additional description, references, and citation upon the importance of the contribution and its suitability for the prize. Not to exceed one page.
- Two letters of support, in addition to the nominator’s, not to exceed one page each. At least one support letter should not be an institutional colleague of the nominee.
- Curriculum vitae (and bibliography if appropriate) of the nominee; please do not exceed one page for CV and one page for selected recent articles or other communications.
- Additional supplementary materials are not requested and will not be considered.
Where to Send the Nomination:
- Nominations for the Fries Prize for Improving Health and the Elizabeth Fries Health Education Award should be sent electronically to Dee Dee Honaman at firstname.lastname@example.org and mailed to Fries Prize Administrator, CDC Foundation, 600 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 1000, Atlanta, GA 30308.