WHAT: The NIOSH Total Worker Health™ Program supports integrative approaches that address health risk from both the work environment (physical and organizational) and individual behavior.
WHY: Evidence shows that the integration of worker safety and health protection with health promotion is a key strategy for building a stronger economy on the foundation of safe jobs and healthy workers.
HOW: Together with partners from industry, labor and academia, NIOSH moves research into practice through concrete and practical solutions, recommendations and interventions for the building of a healthy, safe and capable workforce. For example:
- NIOSH funds four Centers of Excellence to Promote a Healthier Workforce that support the development of groundbreaking research and best practices.
- The NIOSH Total Worker Health Affiliate Program collaborates with public and not-for-profit organizations to increase the number of work environments and partnerships that support the overall safety, health and well-being of workers.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: NIOSH Total Worker Health LinkedIn Group
- Twitter: @NIOSH_TWH
- eNewsletter: TWH in Action!
LEARN MORE: Visit NIOSH Total Worker Health for valuable resources, tools and strategies.