Giving for Greatest Need
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one of the most trusted federal agencies in the nation, relies on a strong CDC Foundation to advance health priorities that make our nation and world healthier and safer. Unrestricted giving to the CDC Foundation is essential to extending CDC’s ability to save and protect more lives, enabling the CDC Foundation to determine where resources are most needed to safeguard the public’s health. Ongoing financial support also improves the CDC Foundation’s operational efficiency and financial health, which in turn fuels innovative, high-impact programs and breakthough collaborations.
Why it matters
Whether it’s an infectious disease, emergency response, chronic condition or terrorist attack, CDC must be ready to protect America’s health and safety.
- CDC takes the health pulse of our nation and the world. The CDC Foundation is often first to know about new threats—and solutions—to protect us all.
- Government funding cannot support all of CDC’s important work. Your gift plays a crucial role in extending CDC’s lifesaving mission.
- Giving to the CDC Foundation has the potential to impact thousands, or even millions, of lives.
- Core investment in the CDC Foundation enables us to effectively manage for impact, empowering CDC experts to do what they do best: focus on the science.
- As the only organization authorized by Congress to create philanthropic and private-sector partnerships with CDC, the CDC Foundation is uniquely capable of bringing resources, people and ideas together that might not otherwise unite.
Solution and impact
For 11 consecutive years, the CDC Foundation has achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest evaluator of charities. Only 1 percent of charities rated have earned 11 consecutive 4-star evaluations.
- Our Charity Navigator designation assures donors that the CDC Foundation is fully accountable. As active stewards, we ensure that gifts are being used wisely—and for the greatest health impact.
- Thanks to our donors, CDC Foundation partnerships help CDC expand proven CDC programs, discover new health solutions and leverage effective philanthropy for reach and results. With additional funding, we can extend CDC’s work in important ways that would not otherwise be possible.
How you can help
Give now: By giving where funding is needed most, you can help the CDC Foundation address priority health threats. Give now.
View a fact sheet on this topic: Download a print-ready PDF
Learn more: Contact Advancement at the CDC Foundation: email@example.com, 404.653.0790