Our Commitment to Privacy
The CDC Foundation (the Foundation) respects the privacy of every individual who visits www.cdcfoundation.org (“Web site”). This notice explains our online information practices. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you with notice and choices about the collection and use of your information. To make this notice easy to find, links are provided at the bottom of our homepage and on every page within our Web site. By visiting the Foundation at www.cdcfoundation.org, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We collect two types of information:
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you request information or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities:
Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Credit cards are processed through our merchant gateway, authorize.net. We keep a record of your transaction.
Requests: If you submit an online request for Foundation products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a “contact us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, news group or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Web site to the following:
- If you do not make a request or donation, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including news related to CDC or public health, CDC Foundation programs, events and announcements.
- Request monetary contributions to the Foundation.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate Foundation department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
Unless required by law, your personally identifiable information will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with the Foundation as follows:
We use third parties to provide you with the following services:
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.653.0790. You may also click the unsubscribe clink at the bottom of a CDC Foundation e-mail to remove your address from our email list. All reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that your contact preferences are honored.
Please contact us by phone or email to report changes to your contact information. You can call 404.653.0790 or email email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the CDC Foundation Web site. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Web sites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
The CDC Foundation values and respects its donors’ right to privacy. It affirms that its fundraising practices protect against unauthorized use of any donor’s personal information that may be known to the Foundation. The Foundation does not share donors’ personal information with any third parties for any purpose except as may be required by law. The Foundation publishes an annual report listing all contributors who are willing to be so recognized. Donations of those that choose not to be listed by name will be recognized as anonymous contributors.
If you have any questions about our policy or our compliance, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.653.0790.