Transportation Safety Evaluation Field Employee - 730
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched nearly 1,000 programs and raised over $700 million. The CDC Foundation manages over 250 CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 100 countries.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for up to two full time Transportation Safety Evaluation Field Employees to support evaluation of a Safe Driving for Teens program in the United States and various global road safety programs. The field employee(s) will be hired by the CDC Foundation and assigned to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Chamblee campus in Atlanta, Georgia. The position will be located in the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. The salary starts at $75,705 and offers will be based on experience. This is a CDC Foundation position that will work directly with CDC and closely with the funding Foundations.
1. Design and implement a process and impact evaluation plan for the Safe Driving for Teens program and/or various global road safety programs;
2. Design data analyses plans for evaluation data;
3. Conduct preliminary data analyses of evaluation data;
4. Analyze secondary data sources;
5. Provide recommendations and resources based on the most recent and best available science around transportation safety and teen driving;
6. Provide in-depth consultation on and assistance with the evaluation of the program(s);
7. Increase the program’s internal capacity for evaluation; and
8. Collaborate with partners and donors.
1. A Doctoral or other terminal degree in evaluation, psychology, sociology, public health, or other related field (ABD candidates will also be considered; candidates with extensive experience [15+ years] in lieu of terminal degree will be considered);
2. Experience or knowledge regarding injury and violence prevention, specifically transportation safety, and program evaluation, use of evaluation results for quality improvements, and evaluation methodology is required;
3. A track record of scientific productivity demonstrating strong skills in methodology and quantitative and qualitative analysis is desired; and
4. Experience with youth development and education is preferred, but not required.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to: FEapply@cdcfoundation.org. Please put “Evaluation Field Employee - 730” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the FEapply@cdcfoundation.org email address will not be accepted. Resumes will be accepted through close of business December 13.
When applying at the above mentioned email address, the auto-reply message will contain a Pre-Offer Voluntary Self-Identification Form. In an effort to comply with requirements regarding government recordkeeping, reporting, and other legal obligations, which may apply, we invite you to complete this applicant data survey. Although this information is voluntary we hope you choose to complete it in order to help us fulfill our requirements. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. See further details on form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.