Human Resource Coordinator
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and raised over $740 million. The CDC Foundation managed over 300 CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 130 countries last year.
The CDC Foundation seeks an energetic, people-focused, HR Coordinator to help coordinate all HR activities and assist with the smooth operation of the HR function. The HR Coordinator role will primarily be responsible for assisting the field and remote employees, as the first point of contact for HR. This position will be a full time, non-exempt position, working up to 40 hours a week.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Visit local field/remote employees on site to help foster a positive relationship between Human Resources and the employees
• Maintain and organize all HR records and files both in hard copy form and electronically in accordance with legal requirements and CDC Foundation policies
• Monitor HR email box and ensure that all communication is directed appropriately and followed up on in a timely manner
• Serve as initial point of contact for assistance requests from field/remote employees and completes or refer field employee related issues as appropriate
• Reply to routine information requests from field employees and, as needed, from Headquarter employees
• Reconcile and process Human Resource invoices
• Assist with new hire or exiting paperwork
• Schedule, assist and orient receptionist temp or other temps as needed
• Create and maintain written instructions for HR procedures and other items as directed
• Maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with employee records and business information
• Coordinate with the CDC on employee badge/Smartcard process for new hires and card renewals
• Assist with posting routine information on corporate intranet(SharePoint)
• Maintain HR due date calendar in order to keep track of actions that require deadlines; follow up with responsible parties to ensure they are being met in a timely manner
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience preferably in a nonprofit environment (or any equivalent combination of education or experience)
• Prior experience using ADP WorkForce Now required
• Knowledge of basic HR processes including record keeping, policy dissemination and assisting internal clients
• A high degree of competence with Microsoft Office Suite and basic understanding of common IT tasks (maintaining passwords, using remote access, basic administration, email, etc.), a familiarity with SharePoint is desired
• Experience servicing an internal customer base with a high degree of focus on customer service
• An understanding of basic HR legal requirements and the ability to know when an issue needs to be escalated
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
• Ability to draft letters, memos and other correspondence
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and telephone skills
• Excellent organizational and data management skills
• Editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
• Flexible, reliable, dependable, prompt, timely and ethical
• Willing to occasionally work long hours when business needs dictate
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “HR Coordinator” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the email@example.com email address will not be accepted. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, January 5, 2018.
When applying at the above mentioned email address, the auto-reply message will contain a Pre-Offer Voluntary Self-Identification Form. In an effort to comply with requirements regarding government recordkeeping, reporting, and other legal obligations, which may apply, we invite you to complete this applicant data survey. Although this information is voluntary we hope you choose to complete it in order to help us fulfill our requirements. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. See further details on form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.