The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and raised over $740 million. The CDC Foundation managed over 300 CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 130 countries last year.
The CDC Foundation seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the CDC Foundation leadership team. This role will primarily support the Advancement Department and other departments as needed. The Administrative Assistant also engages in special projects across the entire organization, such as preparation of materials for Foundation board meetings, Corporate Roundtables and other Donor Related meetings at the CDC Foundation and CDC campuses. This position will be a full time, exempt position.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Answer telephones, emails, screen calls and independently respond to situations or inquiries as appropriate
- Training and supervising other support staff
- Managing calendars, making travel arrangements, meeting and event arrangements using Outlook calendars and CRM database for key leaders in the organization. Maintain departmental files on internal servers and cloud base systems. Use ERP internal systems, Excel, and Word to create accurate and useful reports, lists and charts on a timely basis
- Process expense and travel reports for appropriate departments
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items
- Assemble external mailings for Advancement Staff, Communications and Internal Operations when applicable
- Understand and knowledge of CRM fundraising system, including entering, retrieving, and producing data reports and constituent data – SalesForce and Raisers Edge
- Maintain Fundraising Directories and information of internal and external contacts, logistics and support
- Responsible for tracking department budgets and financial coding for monthly expenses
- Provide extensive support to the advancement committee of the board of directors and interface with the board members, corporate roundtable members and CDC leadership/staff on a regular basis; liaise with CDC colleagues routinely, via email, phone and in person
- Serves as backup for the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO and provide cross-functional support to other administrative team
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Organize room reservations, food orders and event logistics, coordinating with meeting planner
- Provide accurate mailing lists to marketing for invites and eblasts
- Maintain attendance lists through Salesforce and/or Raiser Edge and follow up with leadership to confirm attendance
- Prepare accurate attendance lists after the event for CRM data base import and fundraiser follow-up
- Process and collect payments in a timely manner using internal ERP system
- Prep for day of events including nametags, collateral and any shipments to outside venues, gifts to hosts and other as needed assisting event coordinator
- Work with the Senior Meeting Planner with meeting planning and preparation as requested, including special meetings and functions with partners; prepare agendas, presentation materials and executive briefing books; arrange audiovisual support and other associated tasks. Stand in for the Senior Meeting Planner as needed
- 7-10 years’ experience in an administrative support role required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Detailed oriented and effective time management, with the ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced work environment
- Independent decision making; accurate judgment calls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook, SalesForce and Concur experience
- Flexibility to work independently/self-starter and as part of a cross functional administrative team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational and customer service skills and professional presence required
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner as required
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the email@example.com email address will not be accepted. Resumes will be accepted through Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
When applying at the above mentioned email address, the auto-reply message will contain a Pre-Offer Voluntary Self-Identification Form. In an effort to comply with requirements regarding government recordkeeping, reporting, and other legal obligations, which may apply, we invite you to complete this applicant data survey. Although this information is voluntary, we hope you choose to complete it in order to help us fulfill our requirements. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. See further details on form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment. Relocation expenses are not included.